In The New Zealand Wars, you will discover:
- how the wars affected women and children
- what happened at Parihaka
- the history of land confiscation and protests
- how the wars have featured in New Zealand art, music and literature
- historic places to visit all over the country
Richly illustrated and well researched, the story is full of fascinating detail, eye-witness accounts and little known facts, with lists of websites, resources and books for those who want to discover more.
About the Author: Philippa Werry lives in Wellington and writes fiction, non-fiction, poetry and plays. Her work has been widely published and several of her books have been shortlisted for awards and prizes. She has a special interest in history which has led to books like Anzac Day, Waitangi Day, Armistice Day, The New Zealand Wars and Antarctic Journeys.